St. James, Franklin
Love One Another Capital Campaign 2021

St. James, Franklin

Our Parish Roots:

St. James started in 1857 as a Mission parish and has a strong, proud history starting with the generosity of Franz Fischer and Peter Steffen each donating 1.5 acres of land to make our parish a reality. Our parish was originally located on the east side of 27th street, where our cemetery still remains. With the purchase of the land across the street and the acquisition of WWII barracks purchased in 1949 for a school, convent, and church, the completely renovated church was completed in 1950. Our current building was built in 1965, and we continue to worship in this building to this day.
Our 165-year story is about all the people who gave and continue to give their gifts of time, talent, treasure and prayer, bringing faith to this community and beyond working locally and globally. James’ response in faith serves as an example to each Christian disciple of what is to be our response to the call and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
“To continue Jesus’ work of calling all people into a loving relationship with God and neighbor.”

Give Now 

Our Share

Through much prayer, planning, and conversation, we have identified our greatest needs. Our share of the funds raised will be used to replace the church elevator, repair the north parking lot, and replace the doors and the windows of the church entrance. Thank you for your continued support of St. James Parish.

Parish Goal


Parish Share


Pledged as of 7/21/2023


Open AllClose All

Our elevator has served us well over the past 30 years. It has allowed us to easily reach the church hall for a variety of educational events, feast day celebrations, fundraisers, and hospitality. Due to the age of the unit and the inability to obtain replacement parts, it is time for us to replace it.


The north parking lot needs replacement and resurfacing. Not only is this a safety issue, but it will enable us to expand our handicap parking. The remainder of the parking areas will be re-sealed. This enhancement will add much needed function for all parishioners for years to come.


It is time to replace the doors and the windows of the church entrance. Installed in 1965, they have met and exceeded their life expectancy. Our entryways will be energy efficient and aesthetically pleasing, acheiving our goal to welcome all and improve hospitality.

Love One Another

PO Box 070912
Milwaukee, WI 53207-0912

3501 South Lake Drive
St. Francis, WI 53235

Phone:  (414) 769-3459


Give Now

Copyright © 2022
This site is powered by the Northwoods Titan Content Management System